Benefits of the VI Peel
What is a VI peel?
VI peels are chemical peel treatments from the Vitality Institute, which may help with aging skin, oily skin, acne, and sun damage.
Chemical peels contain different types of acid, such as:
- alpha-hydroxy acids
- beta-hydroxy acids
- trichloroacetic acid
The Vitality Institute claims that its chemical peels aim to help people with various skin concerns. Its chemical peel products include:
- VI Precision Plus:For sun damage, melasma, UV-induced pigmentation, and post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
- VI Peel Purify:For oily skin, adult acne, acne scarring, and acne with hyperpigmentation.
- VI Peel Advanced:For loss of elasticity, fine lines, wrinkles, and aging skin.
- VI Peel Original:For early signs of aging, rough skin, and sensitive skin.
Although the exact components and concentrations of these peels will vary according to the specific treatment, the primary ingredients in VI peels include:
- trichloroacetic acid (TCA)(10 to 12 percent)
- phenol(10 to 12 percent)
- salicylic acid(10 to 12 percent)
- vitamin C(4 percent)
- tretinoin(0.1 to 0.4 percent)
Contact us VI Peel Treatment Near Tx 77479
According to VI Peel Treatment Near Tx 77479 there are five different versions of the VI Peel available, each tailored to a specific concern; however a chemical peel may help manage:
- fine lines and wrinkles
- acne scarring
- enlarged pores
The overall benefits include:
- Reducing acne and surface acne scars: The VI Peel packs a one-two punch for those afflicted with acne, helping treat symptoms while lessening the scars it can leave behind.
- Diminishing sun spots and hyperpigmentation: The synergistic blend of ingredients in the VI Peel is ideal for brightening skin, diminishing sunspots, and leaving the complexion with a refreshing glow.
- Smoothing over fine lines and wrinkles: The combination of acids, antioxidants, and exfoliants penetrates skin deeply, causing resurfacing process that stimulates new cell production including collagen and elastin for a smoother, firmer, more youthful appearance.
How to Prepare for the Vi Peel
As with any procedure, start by doing your research to decide if you’re a good candidate for the VI Peel. While it’s generally considered safe for virtually every skin type, those with susceptible skin, impaired wound healing, conditions such as eczema, diabetic skin issues, psoriasis, and autoimmune skin conditions, as well as those with darker skin types for whom peels and laser treatments may pose an extra risk, should avoid the VI Peel. Dermatologists also stresses the importance of zero sun exposure for a significant period, both before and after the treatment. Sun exposure on or after skin that has been injured can lead to a burn, poor healing, and hypopigmentation or hyperpigmentation.
If you think the VI Peel is for you, start with a proper evaluation to ensure it’s the correct choice for your skin type. VI Peel doesn’t require a physician to administer, so it’s important to ensure that your practitioner is reputable and fully-informed of all known concerns in terms of both skin and general health—including if you’re pregnant or nursing. Doctors also suggests that if you’ve never had a peel before or are unsure about your tolerance to acids, you should inquire about a patch test.
How does a VI Peel treatment work?
As per VI Peel Treatment Near Tx 77479 VI Peel only takes about 30 minutes and is usually painless. It uses a blend of ingredients to break down your top layer of skin and reveal healthy skin underneath.
Your exact procedure may differ slightly, but here’s what you can generally expect:
The practitioner will cleanse your skin to remove dirt and oil.
They will then apply the VI Peel solution in two layers.
You may experience some numbness or tingling once the first layer is applied.
Once the second layer is applied, your skin will “frost,” or turn white.
About 4 to 6 hours later, you’ll wash off the peel.
Your skin will start peeling about 3 days after the procedure.
Side effects of VI peeling and Preventive Measures
VI Peels are generally well tolerated. However, some people may experience side effects such as:
- burning pain
- change in skin color
- allergic reaction
- dry skin
According to VI Peel Treatment Near Tx 77479 People with dark skin are at the highest risk of discolouration after a chemical peel. According to the Vitality Institute, VI Peels are suitable for all skin types and skin tones. However, if you have dark skin, it is still a good idea to consult before the procedure on how best to avoid complications.
Pregnancy, use of estrogen and excessive sun exposure after the procedure are risk factors for dark spots after a chemical peel.
VI Peel Aftercare
About 4 to 6 hours after your procedure, and at least an hour before bed, you should wash off the peel using a mild cleanser and water. Your skin will likely start to peel 3 days after treatment as we told above.
You can take care of your skin after your procedure by:
- applying a cool saline compress to soothe and neutralize the peel immediately after
- soaking the skin with a 0.25% solution of acetic acid, or vinegar, to help improve healing.
- applying non-scented emollients3–5 times per day may also speed up the healing process
- only showering 24 hours after the chemical peel, and only with a nondetergent skin wash, until the skin has healed.
- reducing sun exposure, and using adequate sunscreenafter exposure to sunlight
- not using concealer or makeup until after the skin has fully healed.
Additionally, the clinician administering a chemical peel should have more specific information for aftercare. The aftercare methods they suggest will vary according to the specific chemical peel and the nature of the skin concern.
How often should you get a VI Peel?
The frequency that you should get a VI Peel depends on your budget and the specific skin condition you’re trying to treat.
Wait at least 4 to 6 weeks between treatments to see continuous results.
VI Peel Treatment Near Tx 77479 encourage people who are interested in VI peels should discuss with our dermatologist first about the treatment. During this consultation, we will review your condition, health, and medical history. From there, we will help you determine if peeling is the right option for you, or if you are more likely to get optimal results from another treatment instead. So, contact Dr. Mehjabin Parkar of Gentle Primary Care clinic situated at 6909 Brisbane Court, ste 300 Sugarland, TX 77479.
Visit Us For VI Peel Treatment Near Tx 77479
6909 Brisbane Court, ste 300.
Sugarland TX 77479
Tel:- 2818017855 , 2818017854